Novell Technical Subscriptions
Frequently Asked Questions - Subscriber Portal and Activation
We've got the answers to your questions about Novell Technical Subscriptions. Explore the following categories:
Subscriber Portal and Activation Questions
Click the following direct link http://support.novell.com/subscriptions/portal/spc or navigate to it using the following steps:
- From www.novell.com, click Support / Support Programs then select Technical Subscriptions under Self Support.
- Click Subscriber Portal in the left navigation bar
- Enter your Novell user name and password or if you don't have a Novell Login account, select Create New Account and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see your subscriptions listed on the right under My Subscriptions.
Only technical subscriptions customers can access the features and benefits of the Subscriber Portal.
In most cases, subscriptions are auto-activated or else activated via an activation link. In rare cases, whenever you receive activation keys, you need to activate your subscription manually:
- Go to https://support.novell.com/subscriptions
- Select Activate Subscription / Activate Now from the right Navigation bar.
- Authenticate to Novell Login. If you don't have a Novell Login account, select Create New Account and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Cut and paste (preferred) or enter your activation and program keys in the correct fields. If you enter the keys manually take care not to confuse "1" (one) and "l" (letter l). Likewise, do not confuse "0" (zero) and "o" (letter o).
- Specify your shipping address by selecting the address that displays or creating a new one.
If you've successfully activated your subscription, you'll see a welcome summary that confirms the activation.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, the activation keys and the name of the subscription that you are trying to activate and we will work with you to resolve this issue.
Follow the link in the e-mail and log in using your Novell username and password. Your activation keys are embedded in the link and you will not need to provide your keys. Specify your shipping address by selecting the address that displays or creating a new one.
Activating ensures that your subscription is set up with all the physical deliverables and online benefits to which you are entitled (e.g. expanded licenses, downloads, advanced resources and ability to assign subscriptions within your account.) Depending on your circumstances, your subscription may be auto-activated and activation may not be required; in other cases activation is required.
- If you purchased your subscription through a Novell sales representative or reseller, you will receive an e-mail with activation instructions. You MUST activate your subscription in order to begin receiving your physical and online benefits.
- If you purchased your subscription online or by phone, mail or email, or if you receive it as a free entitlement, we may have been able to auto-activate your subscription for you. Visit the Subscriber Portal and verify that your subscription is listed under My Subscriptions. If it is not contact email@example.com and request your activation keys.
- If you renewed or upgraded a subscription that was previously activated, we were most likely able to auto-activate your subscription.
To verify that your subscription was activated, log in to the portal using your My Novell login. All activated subscriptions are listed in the lower left corner of the page under My Subscriptions.
If you have difficulties, contact the subscriptions team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may have used different Novell accounts (usernames/passwords) when activating your various subscriptions. E-mail email@example.com and we will consolidate your account(s).
The portal contains the most up-to-date listing of Novell technical resources available.
Yes, all access is online now.
I have an Expanded version of a technical subscription. Can other people besides myself access the online portion of my subscription?
No. Subscriber Portal access is only available to the individual who activates the subscription.
If others at your company need to be able to access Novell's online subscription resources, we suggest you consider purchasing the Novell Tech Select Service. It allows for a total of five people to access the Subscriber Portal by allowing the 'administrator' of the subscription to assign 'electronic' subscriptions to other people at their organization.