Novell Technical Subscriptions
Frequently Asked Questions - Admin Accounts
We've got the answers to your questions about Novell Technical Subscriptions. Explore the following categories:
Admin Accounts Questions
An administrator (admin) account is a tool that allows you to assign and manage multiple subscriptions from a single screen. For example, Novell Tech Select Service includes five subscriptions: one standard Novell Professional Resource Suite subscription (deliverables and portal account) and four electronic Novell Professional Resource Suite subscriptions (portal accounts only). The admin account allows you to designate a recipient for each of these subscriptions. You can also use the admin account to view whether or not the recipients you designated have activated their subscriptions and are receiving their benefits.
The following qualify for an admin account:
- Anyone who purchases multiple subscriptions in one session
- Anyone who receives Novell Tech Select Service (an aggregation of five subscriptions)
- Anyone who is entitled to multiple subscriptions (such as a Novell partner or a Novell Premium Support customer)
When the account is first set up, the account administrator receives an email with instructions to activate the admin account and assign the subscriptions. The assignees will then receive an email message with activation instructions. Each subscription must be activated before the corresponding owner can receive subscription benefits.
The account administrator must do three things before subscription benefits become available:
- Activate the admin account
- Assign the subscriptions in the account
- Verify that the assigned owners have activated their subscriptions
Only after these steps are complete will the subscription benefits become available. If you are an account administrator and want to receive subscription benefits for yourself, you need to assign the applicable subscriptions to yourself and activate them.
If you have completed all three steps and still have not received your benefits, please email email@example.com.
- Access the Subscriber Portal (include link) and log in using your Novell username and. password (or create an account if you do not already have one.)
- Select Admin Account under My Subscriptions
- Under Subscription Benefits, select Manage Subscriptions
- Click Details to check current assignment (If you want to assign or reassign the subscription, click Assign or Reassign, respectively, and specify the email address of the new owner.)
Yes. To do so, just email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.