Patches & Security
Patch Access Policy
Proper Maintenance or subscription coverage is required to access product updates as outlined below:
|SUSE Linux Enterprise||All Other Novell Products in General Support||All Other Novell Products in Extended or Self Support|
|Patches & patch bundles||Restricted||Restricted||Publicly Available|
|Service packs||Restricted||Restricted||Publicly Available|
|Stand-alone security patches||Restricted||Publicly Available||Publicly Available|
Learn more about Novell's Maintenance and subscription benefits and coverage policies.
Searching for Patches
- A red lock icon displays by restricted patches. Log in to see if you have access.
- A green open lock icon displays by restricted patches for which you have access (prior login required.)
Subscribe to Patch Notifications
To subscribe to patch and update notifications for all Novell products access the Notifications page.
You'll be able to:
- select products individually or as a group (all SUSE, all non-SUSE)
- select the type of update (security or all)
- select the frequency for notifications (daily or weekly) *
* The "all SUSE Products" option also offers "immediate" notifications.
To subscribe to patch and update RSS feeds, access the Novell Patch RSS Feeds page.