Recommended update for Linux Kernel (PPC)
(Last modified: 07JUN2004)
solutions Recommended update for Linux Kernel (PPC) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (7a40ff3a8c0de3bafe1b2b5d47b01f50)
This kernel update fixes following issues:
- A VM race condition in PG-pinned() can cause multi-threaded apps doing raw (direct I/O) to have serialization problems. (SUSE#39138 - LTC#7702)
- A stability issue of the Broadcom (bcm5700) in long-time high-load scenarios. (SUSE#41393 - LTC#9003)
- Problems handling for very large scsi disk setups (>1 TeraByte). (SUSE#41262 - LTC#8902)
- Problem with smartmontools and IDE drives on pSeries hardware. (SUSE#40641 - LTC#8579)
- iSeries only problem with collection of LPAR data (SUSE#39602 - LTC#68963)
- This updates the kernel driver of the Emulex fibre channel driver to version 4.30o_M. It fixes spurious hang under high load in some configurations. (SUSE#37009 - LTC#6086)
- "Recommended update for package emulex " (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/589a4d446f60a85583d6f45cf26f6526.html)
rpm -Fvh kernel-iseries64.rpm
rpm -Fvh kernel-ppc64.rpm
You can find out which package you need by issuing the command:
rpm -qf /boot/vmlinuz
After performing the RPM package update of your kernel package, you must execute the following commands as root to make sure that your system will start up again:
Optionally, you may also install the kernel sources with
rpm -Fvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.