Recommended update for multipath-tools
(Last modified: 27MAY2005)
solutions Recommended update for multipath-tools SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (f9d8546006b309fdb96bf6932e0fdb1c)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- Add hwtable entry for IBM DS6000. (#63903)
- Do a rescan for devices if multipath command line option is set.
- Fix devmap_name to use mapname and return proper status (#84748).
- Don't complain about default prio callout command (#81695).
- Reflect recent changes in boot.multipath as well as multipathd init scripts.
- Actually fail paths when they are detected to be failed by multipathd (#81679).
- killproc/startproc/checkproc can't be used with multipathd because of the way the daemon switches to its own namespace (#80443).
- Use proper path checker for SGI TPC arrays.
- Update hwtable entries for SGI TP9400 and SGI TP9500.
- Write correct PID file (#80443).
- Update to 0.4.4: pp_alua now licensed as GPL (#78628).
- multipath-tools-oom-adj.patch: oom_adj to a valid value.
- Update to 0.4.4-pre18 which fixes the multipathd to initialize correctly in the absence of a configuration file (79239).
- Put multipath cache back into /dev because /var might not be mounted.
- Correct hwtable entry SGI TP9400, TP9500 and IBM 3542.
- Update to 0.4.4-pre16
- Build against device-mapper.1.01.xx correctly.
- Build w/o device-mapper update again.
- Update to 0.4.4-pre14
- Build versus device-mapper-1.01.01 to prevent deadlocks in kernel-space.
- Fix devmap_name to work with udev.
- Fix startup of multipathd w/o configuration file present.
- Add path priority checker for EMC CLARiiON and make necessary adjustments so that it gets called by default (#62491).
- Set the default udev dir to '/dev'
- Fix to allocate default strings (#78056)
- Fix default entry for TPC9500.
- Added pp_alua path priority checker.
- Update to multipath-tools-0.4.4-pre12.
- Update to multipath-tools-0.4.4-pre10.
- Update multipath to handle only true multipath devices (#62491).
- Update kpartx to use the device mapper target name if available.
- Add boot.multipath script for early set up of multipath targets.
- Update devmap_name to select targets by table type (#62493).
- Update to 0.4.2 and fix some bugs + add support for the extended DM multipath kernel module. (#47491)
rpm -Fvh multipath-tools.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.