Recommended update for syslog-ng
(Last modified: 03AUG2007)
solutions Recommended update for syslog-ng SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (f81ad1403de36c7251f9b81925eeac3b)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
syslog-ngshould install this update.
- Fix to avoid startup failure in case the initial connect to a unix socket destination fails. Instead, reinit the driver after time_reopen secs (option). (#177961)
- Fix to use
size_t, that has caused to log the own instead of the remote hostname on 64 bit (s390x). (#205209)
- Implement checks to detect recursive filter definitions. (#240676)
- Fix to set signal handlers before the config and thus the log destinations are initialized to avoid the creation of zombie processes when a program (e.g. destination) fails to execute, e.g. because the apparmor profile prohibits it. (#250562)
- Fix to update cached hostname on SIGHUP (reload) (#116466)
- Fix default config file to use the pipe driver in the console destination and /dev/console instead of /dev/tty10 on s390, because the tty10 device may not exists (as on s390) and the file driver creates a regular file then. (#278741)
- Fix to log parse errors while reload/SIGHUP. (#257101)
/dev/tty10and (except on s390/s390x) re-creates it as a character device.
rpm -Fvh syslog-ng.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.