Security update for Linux kernel (iA64)
(Last modified: 19FEB2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (iA64) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (f7462043f18e09f804df0dc1bd3c20a5)
The default kernel The SMP kernel
This kernel update addresses several security problem that can lead from local denial-of-service to local root access:
- Vicam USB driver: CAN-2004-0075
- denial-of-service due to problem while copying data from user to kernel space
- Direct Render Infrastructure: CAN-2004-0003
- denial-of-service due to integer overflow
- needs r128 card and console to be exploited
- ncpfs/ncp_lookup: CAN-2004-0010
- buffer overflow with the possibility to gain root access
- malformed elf binaries can lead to a local denial-of-service attac k
- mremap(): CAN-2004-0077
- a new bug found by Paul Starzetz that can lead to local root acce ss
rpm -Fvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.