Recommended update for ndiswrapper
(Last modified: 15MAR2007)
solutions Recommended update for ndiswrapper SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (efa0c8812d938d58c299ca754f86c80c)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Install it to have your system at SP1 level.
- update to version 1.34 (bug 172914), changes:
- Allow large memory allocations in older kernels
- Fixed crash when changing MAC address (with 'ifconfig hw ether')
- Fixed crash when names of other network device are changed
- Fixed crashes with shutting down computer without unloading ndiswrapper module.
- Added support for Davicom 9601 USB ethernet device.
- Fixed ndiswrapper script to show correct device IDs.
- Yet another fix to ndiswrapper script (to handle file names with upper case extensions).
- Fixed ndiswrapper script to handle INF files properly.
- Added support for Atheros 5416 (802.11n) chipset.
- Firmware loading issue with Airfo networks driver fixed.
- When HIGHMEM is enabled, allocate and copy URB buffers only if necessary. This prevents memory allocation failures.
- Support for WE-21
- Added support for Broadcom 802.11n (draft) driver
- Added support for 64-bit Marvell driver
- Optimizations for 64-bit drivers
- If network interface name changes (through udev, ifrename etc), ndiswrapper notices it and changes entry in procfs
- Fix to a bug (in 1.20) that locked up when used with RT2500 with SMP.
- RT2500 is supported with 64-bit.
- Fixes to 64-bit drivers; TI 1450 (used in AVM Fritz) is supported with 64-bit.
- Fix to SMP kernel crash when USB device is unplugged.
- Calls to Miniport functions with serialized drivers (such as RT2500) are serialized, so they should work with SMP.
- Enable interrupts in IRQ handler; otherwise, some drivers (e.g., Marvell 8335) don't work.
- Kernel crash with RT2500 (and possibly other serialized drivers) under heavy traffic load fixed.
- Support for RNDIS driver with Vista drivers for 64-bit added.
- netpoll support added; with this netconsole can be used with ndiswrapper.
- Proper fix for drivers (Atheros PCI and USB drivers) allocating large chunk of memory in atomic context.
- Fix for crash when module is removed with new Atheros USB driver, which supports WPA2 and has no firmware driver (athfmwdl).
- Memory leaks plugged.
- Suspend/resume issues fixed
- Added support for Xpeed X400 ADSL adapter.
- Issues with multicasting fixed.
- Issues with ZyDas ZD1211 fixed (broken since 1.9 or so).
- Fixed memory corruption issues, discovered with CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB.
- SMP issues fixed; Netgear WG111 USB (Prism54 chipset) works with SMP.
- Association to open networks (without encryption) is supported with 'wext' driver interface with wpa_supplicant.
- TI 1450 USB driver failed to initialize card if module is reloaded. This is fixed.
- WPA with TKIP with TI ACX100 driver now works with 'ap_scan=2' in wpa_supplicant's configuration file.
- Added support for non-encrypted networks with wpa_supplicant.
- Am1772 with WPA and TKIP authenticates reliably now.
- Added support for WEP with wpa_supplicant through 'wext' driver interface. There is no need for 'ndiswrapper' interface with wpa_supplicant anymore.
- Added support for newer RNDIS (USB) cards (e.g., USR5421, F5D7051uk, WUSB54GSv2, all based on Broadcom chip).
- Kernel crash when removing USB cards fixed.
- Fixed performance issues with SMP.
- Added support for AMD Am1772.
- dropped obsolete patch ndiswrapper-wep_fix.diff
rpm -Fvh ndiswrapper.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.