Recommended update for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG drivers
(Last modified: 19DEC2007)
solutions Recommended update for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG drivers SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (ed4695dedcc28d869026d6360b713e62)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for x86
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for X86-64
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- Workqueue rework for kernel 2.6.20 and above
- WE-21 ESSID fix
- Event log output enhancement
- Fixed problem with newer kernels and config.h vs. autoconf.h
- Fixed problem with IEEE80211 API compatibility build issues.
- Fixed #1096 problem with soft lockup while loading if RF kill active.
- Fixed compile warning ignoring pci_enable_device's return code.
- Added retransmission of association and authentication requests if no response received.
- Changed the make target install_for_testing to install.
- Fixed #972 problem with wpa_supplicant not selecting hidden APs (Novell #177105)
- Fixed #1113 problem with compiling against ieee80211-1.1.14
- Fixed #1146 problem with last character of SSID being dropped.
- Fixed #1089 circular locking dependency during register_netdev
- Fixed #1090 problem with setting rate while not associated.
- Fixed #1098 possible memory corruption on 64-bit systems
- Updated README.ipw3945, ISSUES, and INSTALL to be in sync with 1.1.0.
- Modified to not filter out legacy (non-802.11h) access points on channels marked as being in the radar detect spectrum. You must upgrade to the ipw3945d regulatory daemon version 1.7.22 or newer in order to take advantage of this functionality.
- do not return EAGAIN and force reassociation when SSID gets cleared; this should help to fix some suspend/resume related problems (#255765)
rpm -Fhv ipw3945-kmp.rpm ipw3945-kmp-bigsmp.rpm ipw3945-kmp-debug.rpm ipw3945-kmp-default.rpm ipw3945-kmp-smp.rpm ipw3945-kmp-xen.rpm ipw3945-kmp-xenpae.rpm ipw3945d.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.