Recommended update for iprutils
(Last modified: 24MAY2005)
solutions Recommended update for iprutils SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (ec7afd41f0d9b79158bdee37d2764608)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- changes for version 2.0.15:
- Clarify format options
- Setup mode page 0 for IBM drives to ensure command aging is enabled. This ensures commands are not starved on some drives.
- Fix so that iprdump properly names dump files once 100 dumps have been made.
- Make iprconfig handle failures of scsi disk formats better
- Fix iprconfig Set root kernel message log directory menu
- Properly display RAID level on all iprconfig screens
- Don't disable init.d daemons on an rpm -U
- Add ability to force RAID consistency check
- changes for version 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed bug preventing disk microcode update from working.
- Removed mention of primary/secondary adapters in some error screens since multi-initiator RAID is not supported and the messages will just cause confusion.
- iprconfig: During disk hotplug, wait for sd devices to show up. Fixes errors getting logged by iprconfig during hotplug.
- iprconfig: Fix cancel path on concurrent add/remove of disks
- Don't display current bus width and speed for SAS disks
- Fix scoping bug caught by gcc 4.0.
- Stop iprupdate from continually logging errors for adapters with backlevel adapter firmware.
- changes for version 2.0.14:
- Add support for non-interactive array creation and deletion through iprconfig.
- Use kobject_uevent notifications instead of polling if the kernel supports it.
- Fix iprconfig to set the actual queue depth for advanced function disks
- Allow user to force tagged queuing on to drives that do not support QERR=1.
- iprconfig: Download microcode. Fix blank screen when displaying lots of microcode images.
- Add "known to be zeroed" tracking to iprconfig to drastically reduce the time required to create a RAID array when starting with 512 formatted disks
- Add ability to query multi-adapter status for dual initiator RAID configs
- Add ability to set "preferred primary" adapter when running dual initiator RAID configs
- Add iprconfig screen to display dual adapter status for dual initiator RAID configs
- Prevent RAID configuration from occurring on "secondary" adapter in dual initiator RAID configs
- Use /dev/sd for SG_IO instead of /dev/sg when possible
- Set QERR=3 rather than 1 for multi-initiator configurations
- Set TST=1 for multi-initiator configurations
- Allow Format device for JBOD function to work for JBOD adapters
- Fix handling of dead adapters in all of iprutils.
- changes for version 184.108.40.206:
- Fix to support multiple firmware dirs in /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent
- Fix use of uninitialized variable in iprconfig.
- Fix handling of medium format corrupt drives for drives that return NOT_READY instead of MEDIUM_ERROR.
- Fix iprconfig RAID start bug for systems with multiple RAID adapters.
- Fix iprconfig RAID include bug for systems with multiple RAID adapters.
- Fix failing array add device due to race condition with iprinit.
- Fix iprconfig microcode download to ipr adapters.
rpm -Fvh iprutils.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.