Recommended update for yast2-network
(Last modified: 25MAY2005)
solutions Recommended update for yast2-network SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (eb4a079612b09ec35098527bb7eb52f2)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- Added Layer 2 option for qeth and hsi (#84148)
- Fixed the configuration of ESCON and FICON (#82891)
- Changed the default MTU for LCS eth and tr to 1492 (#81815)
- When proposing LAN configuration (also in autoyast in some cases), use the module from install.inf, not the first one of several options (like tg3/bcm5700) (#81533). Also use the network module options from install.inf (#75720)
- Do not (mis)configure WLAN cards automatically (#79294)
- Before restarting network, cd / to avoid a hang if cwd is mounted over network (#61055, #73680)
- Use valid default IPs for ISDN instead of 0.0.0.0 to make dial on demand work (#56181).
- IPs for /etc/hosts: watch out for BOOTPROTO=dhcp and nonempty IPADDR, do not make an entry in such case (#64055)
- Allow to enter the domain name even if set by DHCP (#63423)
- Write hwcfg files for dummy interfaces (#72203, #59582)
- hwdown and hwup changed devices, so that changed module options take effect (#59794)
- Do not load a NIC driver if one is already loaded (#59794#c31)
rpm -Fvh yast2-network.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.