Security update for postgresql
(Last modified: 14APR2005)
solutions Security update for postgresql SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (e782a2a7e7df8fe7a4f54f1fa8172438)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
Open Enterprise Server
- load arbitrary shared libraries and execute code via the LOAD extension (CAN-2005-0227)
- bypass the EXECUTE permission check for functions by using the CREATE AGGREGATE command (CAN-2005-0244)
- a heap based buffer overflow (CAN-2005-0245)
- denial of service through intagg contrib module (CAN-2005-0246)
- execute arbitrary code due to bugs in several SQL commands (CAN-2005-0247)
or at least doesn't have any client connections during the
This update is provided as an RPM package that can easily be installed onto a running system by using this command:
rpm -Fhv postgresql.rpm postgresql-libs.rpm postgresql-server.rpm postgresql-docs.rpm postgresql-contrib.rpm postgresql-devel.rpm postgresql-pl.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.