Security update for package postgresql-server
(Last modified: 28MAR2003)
solutions Security update for package postgresql-server SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (e4028e2dae8413165b3513008c9d2964)
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IPF
7.2.xreleases, and does not require a
dump/restoreof the database.
7.2.xreleases. If a VACUUM command is run by a non-superuser, it is sometimes possible for the system to prematurely remove old transaction log data (
pg_clogfiles). This can result in data becoming unrecoverable. All
7.2.xinstallations are urged to update as soon as possible.
Other changes include:
- Prevent non-superuser from increasing most recent vacuum info
- Handle pre-1970 date values in newer versions of glibc
- Fix possible hang during server shutdown
- Prevent spinlock hangs on SMP PPC machines
pg_dumpto properly dump FULL JOIN USING
- Fix some additional cases of VACUUM "No one parent tuple was found" error
- Prevent VACUUM from being called inside a function (Bruce)
pg_clogupdates are sync'd to disk before marking checkpoint complete
- Avoid integer overflow during large hash joins
- Make GROUP commands work when
pg_group.grolistis large enough to be toasted
- Fix errors in datetime tables; some timezone names weren't being recognized
- Fix integer overflows in
- Repair long-standing logic errors in
- Add inline assembler for test-and-set on PPC and PPC64.
rpm -Fhv postgresql-server.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.