Recommended update for yast2-network
(Last modified: 09AUG2006)
solutions Recommended update for yast2-network SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (e097a5868ed413cf6d79cea1a420d698)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
- using virtual aliases (additional addresses) with YaST
- using Layer 2 on zSeries
- network is not set up properly with autoyast.
- Autoyast: use linuxrc data for routing, resolver and hostname if not specified in the profile (#153426, improving the #117484 fix). Autoyast: improved the fix to #119592 not to break when specifying two devices with the same module (#146965).
- When switching from Layer 2 to Layer 3, LLADDR must be emptied (#151196).
- Fixed Virtual Alias handling: they can be edited in the Advanced dialog now; they can be deleted, both in the UI and on disk (#173033). Write LABEL_foo=foo to ifcfg so that ifconfig shows the virtual alias (#173032).
rpm -Fvh yast2-network.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.