Recommended update for cyrus-imapd
(Last modified: 12JAN2004)
solutions Recommended update for cyrus-imapd SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (d39040179d9062b9e79cc675d9e833a5)
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for x86
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IPF
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for AMD64
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
Shortenend extract of the changelog (see
/usr/share/doc/packages/cyrus-imapd/doc/text/changesfor the complete list):
- timsieved now handles usernames with dots (when unixhierarchysep is active)
- Now includes a script to convert sieve script names to the altnamespace format
- Correctly terminates the processes by calling service_abort even on successful exit (helps to fix a db3 lockers problem)
- Be more forgiving in the parsing of MIME boundary headers, specifically those generated by Eudora where the outer boundaries are substrings of the inner boundaries. This feature can be disabled by enabling the rfc2046_strict option.
- Improved IPv6 support (for systems with two getnameinfo implementations)
- A number of bugs in reconstruct have been fixed. Also added the -p and -x options
rpm -Fvh cyrus-imapd.rpm
You have to restart cyrus-imapd after installing this patch. To restart cyrus-imapd, enter the command
or use the webfrontend "Monitor"/"Service Monitoring" on SuSE Linux Openexchange Server or SuSE Linux Standard Server.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.