Security update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 22MAR2005)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (d3661da3f395c6d0b3932c0dce8c3c28)
Product(s): SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
- CAN-2005-0136: Fixed a local denial of service problem on ia64 which was possible to trigger by using the ptrace system call.
- It was possible to deadlock the NFS lockd by special multi client access patterns.
- Missing checking in the epoll system calls allowed overwriting of a small range of kernel memory.
- ppc: SA_ONESHOT signals are handled correctly now.
- Fixed bad checks for ipv6_add_addr() return values which lead to crashes.
- Fixed an assertion failure in do_get_write_access().
- Problem-ID: 13913 qeth: dhcpcd does not work.
- Problem-ID: 12854 tape: Tar or DB/2 backup hangs.
- Problem-ID: 13816 zfcp: Error in handler of FSF requests 'Send FCP Command'.
rpm -Fvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
To load the new kernel (replace "now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.