Security update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 22MAR2005)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (cedc44707f84bf949d45f8efab404b0b)
Product(s): SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
- CAN-2005-0136: Fixed a local denial of service problem on ia64 which was possible to trigger by using the ptrace system call.
- It was possible to deadlock the NFS lockd by special multi client access patterns.
- Missing checking in the epoll system calls allowed overwriting of a small range of kernel memory.
- ppc: SA_ONESHOT signals are handled correctly now.
- Fixed bad checks for ipv6_add_addr() return values which lead to crashes.
- Fixed an assertion failure in do_get_write_access().
- Problem-ID: 13913 qeth: dhcpcd does not work.
- Problem-ID: 12854 tape: Tar or DB/2 backup hangs.
- Problem-ID: 13816 zfcp: Error in handler of FSF requests 'Send FCP Command'.
rpm -Fvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.