Security update for PHP4
(Last modified: 21FEB2005)
solutions Security update for PHP4 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (cc14ff30cea8ef2a4bca1724427c70e5)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- A bug that can be exploited by remote attackers to bypass HTML tag filtering (cross site scripting prevention) by supplying special tags. These kind of tags should be ignored because they are not valid but they get accepted by some commercial web-browsers.
- A bug that can be exploited by remote attackers by triggering the
memory_limitin unsafe states of a PHP execution path to execute arbitrary code.
- Bugs caused by bad array parsing of the user input via GET, POST and COOKIE. One could lead to overwriting variable $_FILES, while the other could expose some pieces of the php memory to the attacker.
- A bug that could disclose php sourcecode in some circumstances.
- Various bugs in the unserializer (CAN-2004-1019).
- A buffer overflow in the exif parser (CAN-2004-1065).
- A bug in
readfile()that could lead to denial of service.
dlopen()flag for opening php4 modules has been reverted back to RTLD_GLOBAL, as RTDL_LOCAL had some side effects when extensions like
php4-unixODBCload their own libraries (unixODBC uses RTLD_GLOBAL).
- Pre-Requires tags of some sub-packages have been tweaked to aid computing the uninstall order.
rpm -Fvh php4.rpm apache-mod_php4.rpm apache2-mod_php4.rpm mod_php4-core.rpm mod_php4-servlet.rpm php4-imap.rpm php4-mysql.rpm php4-servlet.rpm php4-session.rpm
Please restart running applications using PHP4 (such as the web server) after the update.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.