Optional update for Linux kernel source
(Last modified: 12JAN2004)
solutions Optional update for Linux kernel source SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (ca8f9844e03e926f8dea3197d8c8b83b)
kernel-sourcepackage and is only necessary if you compile your own kernel.
kernel-source. It does not directly fix the vulnerability, but it provides the kernel sources for occasions where a kernel with differnent settings needs to be compiled, e.g. for tracking certain events.
This This update fixes a security vulnerability in the Linux kernel (CAN-2003-0985) and contains additional fixes and IBM codedrops. The changes in detail are:
- Add missing check in mremap (CAN-2003-0985)
- DASD driver sets improper default cache mode on ESS. (IBM Problem-ID 5409)
- Massive workload combined with ESS flascopy leading to I/O hang. (IBM Problem-ID 4676)
- PCICCs fail to be detected under z90crypt. (IBM Problem-ID 5326)
- z90crypt doesn't support dynamic device node generation. (IBM Problem-ID 5435)
- Unable to reconnect when using z/VM 3.1 at remote peer. (IBM Problem-ID 3061)
fake_llproblems when IPv6 is not active in qeth. (IBM Problem-ID 5370)
multicast_routerhandling for IPv6 on OSA. (IBM Problem-ID 5289)
- sclp: signal shutdown does not work. (IBM Problem-ID 5297)
- zfcp: unwary memory allocation during error recovery. (IBM Problem-ID 5292)
- Crashes, triggered by IUCV and CTC when calling
dst_link_failure(). (IBM Problem-ID 5098)
- DHCP does not work with HiperSockets guest LAN. (IBM Problem-ID 4873)
- Fixed S390 Debug Feature usage. (IBM Problem-ID 4822)
- Race Conditions in qeth when more than one
osasnmpdis running. (IBM Problem-ID 4078)
- VIPA and Proxy ARP problems on qeth. (IBM Problem-ID 5178)
- Avoid hang during initialization on I/O errors. (IBM Problem-ID 4971)
- Console: kernel compilation fails in
drivers/s390/char/ctrlchar.c. (IBM Problem-ID 4797)
- Crashes triggered by s390 network drivers calling
dst_link_failure(). (IBM Problem-ID 5108)
fake_llsource MAC problem. (IBM Problem-ID 4982)
- Tape: Fix implementation of NOP mtio operation. (IBM Problem-ID 4427)
- Tape: Initially boxed tapes might become invisible. (IBM Problem-ID 4421)
- z90crypt incorrectly detects PCIXCC as PCICC. (IBM Problem-ID 5106)
- zfcp: SCSI I/O stall due to missed local-link-up event. (IBM Problem-ID 5151)
- zfcp: arbitrary (and bewildering) order of entries in
/proc/scsi/zfcp/map. (IBM Problem-ID 5140)
- zfcp: incomplete fix for dynamic SCSI adapter addition in
scsi_mod. (IBM Problem-ID 5135)
- zfcp: infinite error recovery escalation for certain port failure. (IBM Problem-ID 5144)
- Corrected hangcheck driver
- Fix a pointer arithmetic bug in the xattr code.
nfsd-fhalias(for HA-NFS): avoid console spew from invalid IP 0.
- Fix bad
ffs()return value, fixes fat and netfilter.
- Fix NFS directio bug that causes data corruption when creating files larger than 4 GB.
- Added missing
IBM code drops
This updates contains the following IBM code drops:
- 2003-10-31 kernel for the "June 2003 stream"
- 2003-11-28 kernel for the "June 2003 stream"
- 2003-12-18 kernel for the "June 2003 stream"
rpm -Uvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.