Security update for Linux kernel (k_smp)
(Last modified: 15AUG2003)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (k_smp) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (c9e036e1a10343491b0f647b6d4e282c)
SuSE eMail Server III
SuSE Firewall Adminhost VPN
SuSE Linux Admin-CD for Firewall
SuSE Firewall on CD 2 - VPN
SuSE Firewall on CD 2
SuSE Linux Connectivity Server
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 for IA32
SuSE Linux Office Server
This article applies to systems with the
k_smpkernel package installed, please use the appropriate kernel package if you are using a different kernel:
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_deflt)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/194065618c2bb83f6cae8251c8d898a8.html)
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_i386)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/324d75f0d3064e6d4a103f75465f4ad9.html)
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_psmp)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/be16505a47bb469a61679ce11b8b578d.html)
rpm -qf /boot/vmlinuz
- fix possible denial of service attack (DoS) in the routing code
- fix possible attack by an unpriviledged user via
- fix bad side effects of initial
- fix problem with ECC reporting garbage in
- fix kernel panic caused by
MSS > MTU
- fix console redirect bug
- fix IPC lock race
execve()file read race vulnerability
- fix several race conditions in
- fix possible DoS in netfilter code
- fix possible DoS in NFSv3 code (CAN-2003-0619)
rpm -Uvh k_smp.rpm
After installation of the kernel RPM reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "
now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "
+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.