Recommended update for package seccheck
(Last modified: 26NOV2002)
solutions Recommended update for package seccheck SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (c9819b9b62fb8950cd40289da4fa1221)
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
- Seccheck would complain about the owner of home directories and dot files, even when owned by the correct user.
- Daily sec check would incorrectly flag random home directories and dot files as owned by another user/group.
- The sysconfig file contained a variable named
SECCHCK_USER, but the script would use
- Prevent different seccheck scripts from stepping on each others' toes when using a local copy of
- Stop warning about user and group names longer than 8 characters (32 is the legal maximum).
- Stop warning about + and - lines in
- The automatic generation of security reports is now controlled via
rpm -Uvh seccheck.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.