Security update for ethereal
(Last modified: 10NOV2006)
solutions Security update for ethereal SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (c4745f0c0b9184f32b2201f189dc66f6)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SUSE SLED 10 for x86
SUSE SLED 10 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SUSE SLES 10 for x86
SUSE SLES 10 for IPF
SUSE SLES 10 for IBM POWER
SUSE SLES 10 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE SLES 10 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SUSE LINUX Retail Solution 8
SuSE Linux School Server for i386
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for x86
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IPF
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for AMD64
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
- CVE-2006-5740: A unspecified vulnerability in the LDAP dissector could be used to crash Ethereal.
- CVE-2006-4574: A single \0 byte heap overflow was fixed in the MIME multipart dissector. Potential of exploitability is unknown, but considered low.
- CVE-2006-4805: A denial of service problem in the XOT dissector can cause it to take up huge amount of memory and crash ethereal.
- CVE-2006-5469: The WBXML dissector could be used to crash ethereal.
- CVE-2006-5468: A NULL pointer dereference in the HTTP dissector could crash ethereal.
rpm -Fvh ethereal.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.