Security update for package kernel-source
(Last modified: 03JUL2003)
solutions Security update for package kernel-source SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (be4afd9f858aef4ef4e5bdbb1668cc1d)
- CAN-2003-0244: The route cache implementation in Linux 2.4 and the Netfilter IP conntrack module allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via packets with forged source addresses that cause a large number of hash table collisions related to the PREROUTING chain.
- Fix for several potential buffer overflows in the 32 bit emulation layer.
- CAN-2003-0247: Fix for local DOS via /dev/console & TIOCCONS.
- Fix for potential buffer overflow in module load in iCom modem driver.
- Fix for
ptracekmod patch to restore old behaviour.
- RAID 1 module is no longer miscompiled.
- avoid race window in
- added ethtool eeprom config ioctls.
- better handling for scsi recovered errors.
sizeofstruct instead of
- NFS: Fixed race between mount and lockd.
- Use different
uname -rto avoid module load problems.
- The ibmsis driver was updated to version 1.18.16, fixing a problem with a 2757 SCSI storage driver.
rpm -Uhv kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.