Recommended update for lilo
(Last modified: 05DEC2005)
solutions Recommended update for lilo SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (ba16abfe1c56255c175f7df5bccc931e)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
- use p->p_vaddr as loadaddr in yaboot, not the ELF entry point required to load the SLES10 and openSuSE boot files
- try to claim different memory regions for initrd if the (currently hardcoded) value is busy because the firmware uses this area.
- better trap handline in lilo script
- handle changed user interface in parted 1.6.23
- fc_transport uses decimals not hex digits, support for more than nine luns or scsi channels or hosts for FC disks
- Make sure that /proc and /sys is mounted while running lilo or show_of_path.sh, not failing in rescue system
- support new 2.6.10+ scsi sysfs layout
- quote root parameter if neccessary
rpm -Fvh lilo.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.