Security update for libtiff
(Last modified: 21OCT2004)
solutions Security update for libtiff SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (b96ddd23c856292e6f2d3271d511b86b)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SuSE Linux Desktop 1.0
SUSE LINUX Retail Solution 8
SuSE Linux School Server for i386
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for x86
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IPF
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for AMD64
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
- CAN-2004-0803: Chris Evans reported multiple buffer overflows in the RLE encoding routines.
- CAN-2004-0804: A division by zero was found by Matthias Clasen.
- CAN-2004-0886: Integer overflows in several allocation routines that could lead to heap overflows where found by Dmitry Levin.
- CAN-2004-0929: iDEFENSE security reported Bufferoverflows in the OJPEG support. OJPEG (old JPEG) support was disabled.
- Two additional denial of service (crash) problems possible using handcrafted images were fixed.
rpm -Fvh libtiff.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.