Security update for Linux Kernel
(Last modified: 26AUG2004)
solutions Security update for Linux Kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (b7773a702a5dde0d2a37f2757b87c273)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
Most important are
- kNFSd fix (medium security impact)
- CD and DVD writing fixed (mainly affected audio and video, as it only got triggered by unaligned/odd size writes, effect was a monster memory leak and defective data on CD)
- minor ext3 fixes and reiserfs fixes
- /proc/$PID/cmdline trauncation fix
- md and nbd fixes that enable SteelEye
- fix barrier issue with IDE drives with disabled write cache, this should fix the need for barrier=none for most cases
- DOS due to memory leak in /dev/ptmx handling
rpm -Fhv kernel-s390x.rpm kernel-source.rpm kernel-syms.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.