Recommended update for ia32el
(Last modified: 05DEC2005)
solutions Recommended update for ia32el SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (b5d9738597d73c365a6bdd3f408607d0)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
- A thread-suspension can return as successful although the thread is running
- Lock XADD executed as non-atomic during IA-32 Execution Layer interpreter phase (only at the beginning of the execution)
- Possible wrongs exception / suspension state in SSE code after behavior change
- An extended double-precision FMUL followed by double precision FST may result in a slight precision deviation
- Wrong CMPXCHG EAX/AL/AH, REG result during IA-32 Execution Layer interpreter phase
- Some combinations of NEG instruction, flag consumer, and register values can cause an incorrect flag to be emulated
- Posiible incorrect XMM register content when exiting from an early exit of a loop
- Wrong value of EAX can be reconstructed after exception/suspension occurs inside and FNSTSW-SAHF-JCC sequence
- Wrong content loaded from memory in case it is misaligned and placed between two identical loads overlapping with the other access
- Wrong IA-32 state can be restored when a thread that inspected modified code is resumed from suspension
- 32 bit core file name may not be accorfing to the specifications
- Applications using system calls sendmsg and recvmsg may not work correctly
rpm -Fvh ia32el.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.