Security update for openssl-z990
(Last modified: 31OCT2006)
solutions Security update for openssl-z990 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (b210879b4409508489b793ca24c7013a)
Product(s): SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
- An attacker could send a list of ciphers that would overrun a buffer in SSL_get_shared_ciphers() CVE-2006-3738
- Fixed possible crash in SSLv2 client triggerable by a malicious server. CVE-2006-4343
- Fixed mishandling of an error condition in parsing of certain invalid ASN1 structures, which could result in an infinite loop which consumes system memory. CVE-2006-2937
- Certain types of public key can take disproportionate amounts of time to process. This could be used by an attacker in a denial of service attack. CVE-2006-2940
- add fix for the CVE-2006-2940 patch: the newly introduced limit on DH modulus size could lead to a crash when exerted.
- security vulnerability which could allow RSA Signature Forgery, fix from 0.9.8c. CVE-2006-4339
- security fix: fix SSLv2 rollback (CAN-2005-2969)
- add Geotrusts Equifax Root1 CA certificate, which needed to verify the authenticity of you.novell.com
rpm -Fvh openssl-z990.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.