Recommended update for hotplug
(Last modified: 05DEC2005)
solutions Recommended update for hotplug SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (a7a0a381d2facbf1246ce9a376f2d4c3)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Open Enterprise Server
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
- hotplug needs to be started earlier in the boot sequence for partitioned multipath devices to be handled correctly.
- an error message from hwscanqueue called in usb.agent (This patch removes wrong options from call to hwscanqueue)
- when setting up bonding interfaces there were error messages, but it worked nevertheless. The reason was that bonding interfaces were handled from hotplug what was wrong. The same applies to vlan: hotplug now skips vlan, too.
- an unimportant error message at shutdown
- missing PCI class 07 in COLDPLUG_PCI_CLASS_WHITELIST (only for ppc)
rpm -Fvh hotplug.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.