Security update for package cyrus-imapd
(Last modified: 25NOV2004)
solutions Security update for package cyrus-imapd SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (a67c0b43e3aee4dbdad233f310f8c6e5)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
The following bugs also have been found and fixed with this update:
- Reconstruct was not able to reconstruct mailbox header files if they were completely missing.
- Fixes for the sieve vacation functionality. Existing sieve scripts must be recompiled when installing this update, e.g. by using the tool
masssievec. These commands can be used to do that:
find /var/lib/sieve -name "*.bc" | xargs rm -v<br /> su - cyrus -c '/usr/share/doc/packages/cyrus-imapd/tools/masssievec /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/sievec'It is recommended to create a backup of
- Backported from recent Cyrus IMAP server versions:
- Vacation addresses are now handled case insensitive.
- Added precedence "junk | bulk | list" handling for vacation
rccyrus stop<br/> rpm -Uvh cyrus-imapd.rpm<br/> # recompile sieve scripts as shown above<br/> rccyrus start
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.