Security update for package cyrus-imapd
(Last modified: 25NOV2004)
solutions Security update for package cyrus-imapd SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (a67c0b43e3aee4dbdad233f310f8c6e5)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
The following bugs also have been found and fixed with this update:
- Reconstruct was not able to reconstruct mailbox header files if they were completely missing.
- Fixes for the sieve vacation functionality. Existing sieve scripts must be recompiled when installing this update, e.g. by using the tool
masssievec. These commands can be used to do that:
find /var/lib/sieve -name "*.bc" | xargs rm -v<br /> su - cyrus -c '/usr/share/doc/packages/cyrus-imapd/tools/masssievec /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/sievec'It is recommended to create a backup of
- Backported from recent Cyrus IMAP server versions:
- Vacation addresses are now handled case insensitive.
- Added precedence "junk | bulk | list" handling for vacation
rccyrus stop<br/> rpm -Uvh cyrus-imapd.rpm<br/> # recompile sieve scripts as shown above<br/> rccyrus start
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.