Recommended update for heartbeat
(Last modified: 19NOV2007)
solutions Recommended update for heartbeat SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (a1db20e5a30352f1f8c0c51211d4ddd8)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
- ldirectord enhancements.
- Bugfixes to cl_status.
- Fix Remote Denial of Service attack (#195068, CVE-2006-3121).
- Fix Local Denial of Service attack (#194444, CVE-2006-3815).
- Fixed temporary file vulnerabilities (CAN-2005-2231).
- Fixed bug to give up partially-acquired resources groups after a failure
- Omitted blank lines from output of allkeys
- Provided various CTS and BSC fixes and improvements
- Fixed bug related to repeat STONITHs failing because we freed some data we shouldn't have
- Fixed bug to call dead notice after node is really declared dead instead of after receiving shutdown message from it
- Changed IPC channel to be non-blocking from heartbeat to client so a sending-only client cannot put heartbeat into infinite loop
- Fixed bug to stop nodes waiting for other to become stable even after other is dead
- Fixed bug to delay auto failback if going standby or either node is unstable instead of ignoring it
- Fixed bug to shutdown if needed if standby cancelled
- Moved closing of some file descriptors earlier in code
- Fixed bug involving extraneous s_send_msg() calls
- Allowed ping readers to cope with non-ping icmp packets
- Fixed minor memory leaks, double-frees and a memory usage error detected by BEAM
- Fixed checkpoint bug for fail over
- Fixed typo where two LSB exit codes were using the same integer
- Resource Agent changes:
- Fixed typo in Delay RA that caused both stop and start to fail
- Resolved issue that IPaddr/IPaddr2 RAs ping timeout option may be invalid
- Fixed LVM RA compatibility problem between ipvsadm 1.21 (for 2.4 kernels) and 1.24 (for 2.6 kernels)
- Added LVS synchronization daemon RA
- Fixed botched test-for-failure in apache RA
- Fixed db2 RA bug with respect to status operations (#183216)
- Linux Director Daemon changes:
- Fixed bug where -q is always returned by a child process if the SIGCHLD handler is set to IGNORE
- Made start/stop/xxx actions LSB 2.0.1 compliant
- Resolved problem where zombies may occur if wait interrupted by signal
- Used anonymous fd for ftp check rather than memory fd
- Failed if there are duplicate virtual services
- Allowed authenticated LDAP access
rpm -Fhv heartbeat.rpm heartbeat-ldirectord.rpm heartbeat-pils.rpm heartbeat-stonith.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.