Recommended update for Linux kernel source
(Last modified: 11JUL2003)
solutions Recommended update for Linux kernel source SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (9bbb09e2ca27f9eda8c0e67cdbaff03d)
This update fixes varies problems and has the following enhancements:
- DASD driver statistics backport from 2.4.17. (IBM Problem-ID 1940)
- DASD devices will not be set 'online' on slow/fast systems. (IBM Problem-ID 1919)
- DASD driver: IFCC handling fixed. (IBM Problem-ID 2167)
- DASD driver: discipline load order problem (with DIAG.) (IBM Problem-ID 2256)
- CIO: Handling of not operational paths. (IBM Problem-ID 2406)
- CIO: oopses from debug feature. (IBM Problem-ID 2409)
- Kernel: s390dbf - invalid call of
create_proc_entry(). (IBM Problem-ID 2719)
- Address space switching instruction in user space does not fault. (IBM Problem-ID 2893)
- DASD: Problems when echoing invalid DEVNO to
/proc/dasd/devices. (IBM Problem-ID 2927)
/proc/cio_ignoreparsing. (IBM Problem-ID 2934)
- CTC: System hang on shutdown of remote OS/390. (IBM Problem-ID 2314)
- Clearing of .bss section. (IBM Problem-ID 3135)
- Fixed-point divide exception in boot process. (IBM Problem-ID 3137)
- Chandev configuration. (IBM Problem-ID 3139)
- Many IUCV devices. (IBM Problem-ID 3140)
- Module loader. (IBM Problem-ID 3141)
vmalloc()with user specified length. (IBM Problem-ID 3143)
- Memory management: dirty bit clearing. (IBM Problem-ID 3144)
- Starting a LCS network device with specific module parameters causes an address exception. (IBM Problem-ID 3158)
- XPRAM parameter parsing. (IBM Problem-ID 3284)
- Elevator Algorithm was deactivated for DASD. Depending on the load profile this can improve I/O-performance up to 10%. (IBM Problem-ID 3142)
- Addtional debug info for DASD and QDIO. This affects only the analysis of a dump and does not impact performance.
- Fixed raid 1 problem which could lead to oopses.
IBM code drops
This update includes the following IBM code drops:
- 2003-03-17 kernel 2.4.7 for the "August 2001 stream"
- 2003-04-16 kernel 2.4.7 for the "August 2001 stream"
- 2003-07-07 kernel 2.4.7 for the "August 2001 stream"
rpm -Fvh kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.