Security update for squid23
(Last modified: 12AUG2002)
solutions Security update for squid23 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (9671ef81a64fa34ac400dd4d33e4256e)
- Buffer overflows in the Gopher client
- Missing sanity checks of the FTP data channel
- FTP directory parsing buffer overflows
- Insecure forwarding of proxy_auth credentials
- Buffer overflows in the MSNT auth helper (updating the module from 1.2 to 2.0) is not included because the module is not activated in squid version. See http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.4/bugs/ for more information.
ftp_sanitycheck. It is on by
default, and disallows FTP connections to servers using another IP address for
the data connection. You can switch it off if you need that feature. Check
rpm -Fvh squid23.rpm
After the update, a running squid daemon should be restarted using the command
rcsquid restart. The configuration file /etc/squid.conf will not be replaced in the update.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.