Security update for ImageMagick
(Last modified: 06SEP2006)
solutions Security update for ImageMagick SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (9572451219715989842a945aed31ae16)
Product(s): SUSE SLED 10 for x86
SUSE SLED 10 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SLE SDK 10 for x86
SLE SDK 10 for IPF
SLE SDK 10 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SLE SDK 10 for IBM zSeries
SLE SDK 10 for X86-64
SuSE Linux Desktop 1.0
SuSE Linux School Server for i386
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
SLES SDK 9 for x86
SLES SDK 9 for IPF
SLES SDK 9 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SLES SDK 9 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SLES SDK 9 for IBM zSeries
SLES SDK 9 for X86-64
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
- CVE-2006-3744: Several heap buffer overflow were found in the Sun Bitmap decoder of ImageMagick by an audit by the Google Security Team. This problem could be exploited by an attacker to execute code.
- CVE-2006-3743: Multiple buffer overflows were found in the XCF plugin due to incorrect bounds checking by the Google Security Team. This problem could be exploited by an attacker to execute code.
- CVE-2006-4144: An integer overflow in the
ReadSGIImagefunction can be used by attackers to potentially execute code.
- An infinite loop in ImageMagick caused by TransformHSB was fixed.
- An infinite loop in handling of TIFF images was fixed.
rpm -Uvh ImageMagick.rpm ImageMagick-Magick++.rpm ImageMagick-devel.rpm perl-PerlMagick.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.