Recommended Update of Linux Kernel (k_deflt)
(Last modified: 17JUN2002)
solutions Recommended Update of Linux Kernel (k_deflt) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (94ff671df92c5b11f1abd5423c2b84f1)
The patch includes IBM code drop 2002-06-12 (linux-2.4.17-s390-3):
- Fixed dirty bit handling in memory management.
- Fixed kernel crash on ptrace().
- Kernel hangs while concurrently using pfault and DASD diag have been fixed.
- Removed occurences of floating point arithmetic from kernel space.
- Fixed kernel panic on dasdfmt abort.
- Inaccessible ECKD devices problems with large device ranges solved.
- Bring devices that "became 'not operational'" back up.
- Fixed hangs afer a device is gone or a link failure.
rpm -Uvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
Now reboot the Linux system with:
shutdown -r now
(substitute 'now' with an appropriate amount of time if you want to give local users a chance to log out before the Linux system goes down, for example '+10' for 10 minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.