Security update for PHP4
(Last modified: 05MAR2007)
solutions Security update for PHP4 SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (9331ab8ca1a0615674f5dd979bd4b413)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux POS 9
Open Enterprise Server
- CVE-2007-0906: Multiple buffer overflows allow attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via unspecified vectors in the (1) session, (2) zip, (3) imap, and (4) sqlite extensions; (5) stream filters; and the (6) str_replace, (7) mail, (8) ibase_delete_user, (9) ibase_add_user, and (10) ibase_modify_user functions.
- CVE-2007-0907: A buffer underflow allows attackers to cause a denial of service via unspecified vectors involving the sapi_header_op function.
- CVE-2007-0908: The wddx extension allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2007-0909: Multiple format string vulnerabilities might allow attackers to execute arbitrary code via format string specifiers to (1) all of the *print functions on 64-bit systems, and (2) the odbc_result_all function.
- CVE-2007-0910: An unspecified vulnerability allows attackers to "clobber" certain super-global variables via unspecified vectors.
- CVE-2007-0911: An off-by-one error in the str_ireplace function might allow context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash).
- CVE-2006-6383: PHP 5.2.0 and 4.4 allow local users to bypass safe_mode and open_basedir restrictions via a malicious path and a null byte before a ";" in a session_save_path argument, followed by an allowed path, which causes a parsing inconsistency in which PHP validates the allowed path but sets session.save_path to the malicious path.
- A fix for open_basedir was added to stop mixing up its setting in a virtual host environment.
rpm -Fvh php4.rpm apache-mod_php4.rpm apache2-mod_php4.rpm mod_php4-core.rpm mod_php4-servlet.rpm php4-imap.rpm php4-mysql.rpm php4-servlet.rpm php4-session.rpm php4-fastcgi.rpm php4-devel.rpm php4-sysvshm.rpm php4-exif.rpm php4-pear.rpm php4-mhash.rpm php4-unixODBC.rpm php4-wddx.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.