Recommended update for SuSE Linux OpenExchange Server 4
(Last modified: 25JUN2003)
solutions Recommended update for SuSE Linux OpenExchange Server 4
SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (8f8b1bea56e490309299d9217b597034)
It contains the following improvements / bugfixes:
- Consistent permission handling of the global LDAP addressbook and database to store contacts.
- Contacts and companies have consolidated permission profiles now.
- Changed int8 to int4 to speed up database queries.
- For users without a jpeg image the broken link doesn't appear anymore.
- Consolidation of read and mod rights changed from 1:1 to n:1.
- Real time consolidation of read and mod rights while adding and changing objects.
- Conflict management for appointments enhanced to date sequences and whole day appointments. Ressources should always conflict.
- Some problems with appointments and timezones are solved.
- Admin can configure a resource group which can be automatically added to read and mod rights every time a resource is used in the appointment.
- It is possible to mark mails as read, if the shared folder permissions are set to "lrs" for a group through the acl.
- Mails can be stored into a shared folder if the permissions "lrsip" are granted.
- Added a button to jump to the next unread mail.
- In the selection of contacts for mailing lists, only the letters from A to Z exist. Added a '#' for a "quick" list of all entries.
- The permission 'write in global addressbook' includes also the database now. This enables the replicatorclient to write the public contacts into the global addressbook.
- Bugfix for the user deactivation function.
- suad and sessiond are now able to use hostnames, not only ip addresses.
- Added handling of accidentally deleted shared imap folders.
- Password of a user certificate can now be changed by the user.
- Create a backup of /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db on a daily basis using cron.
- Renaming of folders can now be done over hierarchie borders.
- Vacation displays now all possible mail addresses.
- Added SHA password encryption method.
rcwebmail stop rcgroupware stop rcapache stop
You can now install the update packages using this command:
rpm -Uvh comfire-intranet.rpm comfire-webmail.rpm comfire-sync.rpm \ imapweb32.rpm suad32.rpm sessiond32.rpm
After the installation of these packages restart the stopped services:
rcapache start rcgroupware start rcwebmail start
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.