Recommended update for comfire packages
(Last modified: 13JAN2003)
solutions Recommended update for comfire packages SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (8bbf6e2de9f99a21eb38ef63ee4f5cad)
- Fixed problems with user names containing an apostrophe.
- The moderator of a forum is now able to delete any message in the forum. All submessages will be deleted, too.
- Optimized clean-up after terminating sessions. Checking for unused database connections and removing unused objects after the session has been terminated.
- LDAP groups in the address bar are shown in alphabetic order
- Migration of contacts without an organisation: a new empty address is created for each contact without organisation.
- Optimized database connection routine.
- Optimized file upload routine: Now file upload should be faster when using the ext3 filesystem.
- The buttons "Send", "Save as drafts" and "Cancel" when composing a mail now also appear at the bottom of the composer.
- Searching for addresses in the private addressbook now possible.
- Shared folders will appear in the addressbook now.
- Messages can be saved as a draft even without specifying a recipient now.
- Better handling of message deletion if no folder for deleted mail has been defined.
- Temporary upload files will now be stored below
/tmp/.WebMail/, only writable by the comfire user.
- Composing mails is also possible with Netscape 4 now.
- The "�" ("sz" ligature) is now displayed correctly within messages.
- Optimized encoding routine; The Euro symbol is now displayed correctly.
- Use "Reply-To" address when replying to a message.
- The username for authentification gets converted to lower case now. Background: the authentication via LDAP is not case sensitive but the SQL-queries of the database is case sensitiv. This might cause problems with usernames which contain upper case letters.
- Usage of German umlauts in passwords now possible.
In order to get a better database performance, you may want to create two additional database indices using the following commands:
psql -U comfire -d comfire -c "CREATE INDEX prg_dates_members_idx2 ON prg_dates_members (member_uid);" psql -U comfire -d comfire -c "CREATE INDEX prg_contacts_idx ON prg_contacts (sid);"
- Switch your system to runlevel 2 with the command
- Install the new package by using
rpm -Uhv comfire-intranet.rpm comfire-webmail.rpm comfire-sync.rpm
- Switch back to the last runlevel. You may use this command:
init $(runlevel | cut -d" " -f1)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.