Optional update for ipw3945 drivers
(Last modified: 20MAR2007)
solutions Optional update for ipw3945 drivers SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (86ac3a8ac11e28ef8c9a80a53b79c6d2)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 Upgrade for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
10. Install them to have your system at SP1 level.
- split off from wlan-kmp (fate 301412)
- update to 1.1.0 (fate 301412), changes:
- Updatd README.ipw3945, INSTALL, and ISSUES to reference correct daemon version numbers.
- Modified to not filter out legacy (non-802.11h) access points on channels marked as being in the radar detect spectrum. You must upgrade to the ipw3945d regulatory daemon version 1.7.22 or newer in order to take advantage of this functionality.
- Fixed problem with mandatory basic rates not being added correctly into association requests if they have been masked out by a mode selection.
- Added info to ISSUES about newer ieee80211 possibly fixing iwspy problem
- Fixed #1059 problem with iwlist rate not working.
- Fixed problem with 802.11a channels not associating.
- Fixed behavior with short_slot_time and short_preamble capabilities
- Fixed problem with driver requesting masked rates during association
- Fixed #1035 problem with not being able to associate with active key not being set to .
- Fixed #1043 problem with periodic system hang while switching between BSS and IBSS modes.
- Fixed #1024 problem with associating to open AP after WPA APs
rpm -Uvh ipw3945-kmp-bigsmp.rpm ipw3945-kmp-default.rpm ipw3945-kmp-smp.rpm ipw3945-kmp-debug.rpm ipw3945-kmp-xen.rpm ipw3945-kmp-xenpae.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.