Security update for Linux Kernel (kernel-source)
(Last modified: 17MAY2002)
solutions Security update for Linux Kernel (kernel-source) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (7f8dcc0d15c0436d511fec1b9dc4666d)
SuSE Linux Connectivity Server
- Security fixes for netfilter code and SYN ACK storm
- Foster (full Hyperthreading) support
- Better support for huge memory machines (>1 GB RAM)
- Lots of USB and IDE fixes
- Lots of driver updates (esp. QLogic QLA2x00, Adaptec aic7xxx, IBM ServeRAID)
- Some additional drivers (eg for Broadcom Gigabit NICs)
- Fix endless loop for big number of running processes (>32000)
- Fixes required by LSB (Linux Standard Base); mainly error handling
- MXT support (hardware memory compression by IBM)
- Enhanced (more detailed) I/O disk statistics
rpm -Uhv kernel-source.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.