Security update for the debug kernel
(Last modified: 08MAR2005)
solutions Security update for the debug kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (7d9267c910610f316e2a52b49b8c1e3c)
Product(s): SUSE LINUX Retail Solution 8
SuSE Linux School Server for i386
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for x86
SuSE Linux Openexchange Server 4
- fix possible memory corruption by reading
- fix potential memory access to free memory in
- add sanity check to ppp_async code
- add sanity check to unw_unwind_to_user
- fix NO_SENSE handling in SCSI drivers
- consolidated Qlogic driver to version 7.03.00 (qla2x00)
- updated e1000-new driver to 188.8.131.52
- updated cciss driver to latest version from 2.4.28-rc2
- added bcm5700-new driver as 7.3.5
- included megaide driver
- updated IBM ServeRAID driver (ips) to 7.10.18
- update PCI ID list for megaraid2 driver
rpm -Fvh k_debug-2.4.*.i586.rpm
In case you are using lilo, please make sure that you also execute the command
after installing the update for the system to remain bootable.
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.