Optional update for Novell Storage Services
(Last modified: 11JAN2005)
solutions Optional update for Novell Storage Services SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (6f5e5c299ef5532d2ba0ca48553825d5)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
for Novell® Storage Services(tm) on Linux.
Novell Storage Services is a secure and manageable file system that provides an efficient way to use and protect your data. NSS allows you to store data securely in the long-honored Novell trustee access control model. The Novell trustee model is heralded as the most secure, flexible and easily managed access-control model for large shared file systems.
Novell Storage Services is a fully journaled file system, which allows it to mount fast. Quick mounting is essential for high-availability clustering solutions in which storage migration or failover must occur within seconds to keep services continuously available.
Because Novell Storage Services uses Novell eDirectory(tm) GUIDs for trustees, manageability is easier than ever before. Novell eDirectory is particularly suited for the demands of large-scale, high-end directory deployments, so enterprise-wide management is not only possible but is also secure, reliable and scalable.
Novell Storage Services supports
- Extended attributes (also called data streams or subfiles)
- Fle sizes of up to eight terabytes and up to 8 trillion files per volume.
- Enterprise Volume Management Services (EVMS) to allow storage to be built on multiple disks or systems. It also recognizes space on various devices for storage pools so free space is not wasted.
- Directory space and user space restrictions
- Opportunistic locking (also called delegations)
- Compression (up to 50 percent)
rpm -Uvh km_nss.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.