Recommended update for Linux kernel (k_timer)
(Last modified: 23MAR2004)
solutions Recommended update for Linux kernel (k_timer) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (6e59f7ea7c80aa40fcc46594e22abd87)
- fix the the loss of diskspace, when files are deleted and the crashes (only for reiserfs)
- ncpfs/ncp_lookup: CAN-2004-0010
- Buffer overflow with the possibility to gain root.
- Malformed elf binaries can lead to a local denial-of-service attack.
- A new bug found by Paul Starzetz that can lead to local root access.
rpm -Fvh k_timer.rpm
Now reboot the Linux system with:
shutdown -r now
now' with an appropriate amount of time if you want to give local users a chance to log out before the Linux system goes down, for example '
+10' for 10 minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.