Security update for Linux kernel
(Last modified: 26JUN2006)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (6d34df6d1804d00f20a617d10fc45a45)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
- Unexport shrink_dcache_anon (unexported upstream on 19 Oct 2004) [#136310]
- Don't dirty the inode if it is being freed in xfs_iunpin [#179117]
- fusion driver might hang during error recovery [#173914]
- fusion driver: Oops when device is taken offline under I/O [#172910]
- fusion driver: Restore queue_depth control from before SP3 [#172910]
- Fix IO restart on BLKPREP_DEFER [#173489]
- Kill request on invalid sgtable mapping [#173489]
- Fix blk_recalc_rq_segments[#] (173489)
- Fix oops in cifs_unlink [#173177]
- CIFS kernel module deadlock when renaming/moving files [#173178]
rpm -Fvh kernel-*.rpm
In case you are using LILO as bootmanager, please make sure that you also execute the command
after installing the update for the system to remain bootable.
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.