Security update for IBMJava2 SDK and IBMJava2 JRE
(Last modified: 02MAR2007)
solutions Security update for IBMJava2 SDK and IBMJava2 JRE SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (6cd02174f415aecd8ba796b1f7e837da)
Product(s): SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM S/390 and IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for IBM zSeries
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 for AMD64
It contains several security fixes also fixed in SUN Java including:
- CVE-2006-4339: fix for the RSA exponent padding attack.
- CVE-2006-6736,CVE-2006-6737: 2 unspecified vulnerabilities that allow untrusted applets to access data in other applets.
- CVE-2006-6745: Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities that allow applets to gain privileges related to serialization bugs in the JRE.
- CVE-2006-6731: Multiple buffer overflows in java image handling routines that allow attackers to potentially read/write/execute local files.
This update also contains timezone updates:
- US daylightsaving time update starting 2007.
- Western Australia daylight savings time introduction in December 2006.
- Update to current timezone dataset.
rpm -Fvh IBMJava2-SDK_1_4.rpm IBMJava2-JRE_1_4.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.