Recommended update for sysconfig
(Last modified: 05DEC2005)
solutions Recommended update for sysconfig SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (632a020650348d1be33260e835f3c4d7)
Product(s): SUSE CORE 9 for x86
SUSE CORE 9 for Itanium Processor Family
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM POWER
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM S/390 31bit
SUSE CORE 9 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE CORE 9 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
Open Enterprise Server
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
- When calling dhcpcd manually and there was no lease information stored, then the interface was shut down by ifdown (called via dhcpcd hook script).
- ifup did not set up configured vlan interfaces (broken since SP2)
- vlan did not work without a configuration for the ethernet device
- sometimes PERSISTENT_NAME was not applied at boot time due to race conditions in rcnetwork
- one interface bonding error message was using a wrong option for /sbin/logger
- rcnetwork did not wait for interfaces needed for bonding
- rcnetwork did not always return 'failed', if vlan or bonding failed
- linklocal routes were also (tried to) set for interfaces without ipv4 address
- some network device drivers cannot set MTU after being set UP
- unnecessary error message about removing non existent file in ifdown-route
- modify_resolvconf did hang if / or /tmp is readonly
rpm -Fvh sysconfig.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.