Security update for Linux kernel (k_deflt)
(Last modified: 12MAR2004)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (k_deflt) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (61fc4b986b1b621593055dc1f04cfeca)
- fix info leak in ext3 filesystem
- ncpfs/ncp_lookup: CAN-2004-0010
- buffer overflow with the possibility to gain root
- malformed elf binaries can lead to a local denial-of-service attack
- a new bug found by Paul Starzetz that can lead to local root access
rpm -Fvh k_deflt.rpm
Afterwards, run the command
and reboot your server using the following command:
shutdown -r now
now' with an appropriate amount of time if you want to give
local users a chance to log out before the Linux system goes down, for
+10' for 10 minutes.
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.