Recommended update for libzypp
(Last modified: 14JAN2008)
solutions Recommended update for libzypp SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (60a7834f2879272b930fd2a0a3ef0377)
Product(s): SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for x86
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for IPF
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for IBM iSeries and IBM pSeries
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for IBM zSeries
SLE SDK 10 SP1 for X86-64
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for x86
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for IPF
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for IBM POWER
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for IBM zSeries 64bit
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for AMD64 and Intel EM64T
- 188409 Auto install reports "Array index is out of range" in stage 2 using FTP: When there was ".." in the installation source url, "rug sub <url>" was throwing this error. Modified rug to specially handle ".." in the installation source.
- 203051 Online update of kernel should force reboot: Reboot of the system is required after installation of kernel patch. From the kernel patch this information was being put into zmd.db and then retrieved by ZMD correctly, but this information was not being passed onto rug/zen-updater client properly. Added a new interface to ZMD to provide access this information and modified rug and zen-updater to use the new ZMD interface and reboot the system after kernel patch update.
- 254496 log rotation file not included in binary RPM: Although logrotate file was present with the ZMD package, ZMD was not using it. ZMD's log4net logger was using its own RollingFileAppender which in turn was not rotating the logs properly. Modified ZMD to use simple FileAppender in stead of RollingFileAppender and rotating of logs will now be taken care by logrotate.
- 269514 Unable to update the iprint client (packages already exist): Modified zen-installer not to follow best package approach when rpm files are directly installed by clicking on it or by some other application. In this case now zen-installer will request the backend to install the exact version of the rpm.
- 275170 installation of a package failed with dependencies: This happening for some installation sources which can be added as both YUM and ZYPP services. User can add both services with two different aliases but same url. But the backend uses the url as distinct catalog name in ZMD DB. Since url is same for both YUM and ZYPP services, the resolvables of the first service are overwritten by the resolvables of second service. So the subsequent problem happens. As part of fix, added "YUM@" pattern to the beginning of the url that is passed as catalog name to backend and this distinguishing it from the ZYPP catalog name.
- 293073 rug up: List has changed: This error was originally thrown by Mono when an element from a arraylist was deleted inside the for loop body while looping on the array. Modified rug to make a copy of the array. Loop on one array and delete from the other array.
- 288422 - using rug to update to SP1 makes the wifi to disapear and the smp kernel not installed (still using default) Automatic installation of hardware specific packages, like kernel drivers, is based on 'hardware dependencies' expressed by the respective package. This kind of dependency information was not properly stored in the ZENworks Daemon (zmd) database, resulting in missing drivers after the SP1 upgrade. This fix corrects the handling of 'hardware dependencies' within the ZENworks software management stack.
- 295894 - rug in: ERROR: Cannot create channel sink to connect to URL ... If a restart of ZMD is scheduled, initiating a transaction via rug can lead to this problem. The ZMD process now handles the situation gracefully.
- 270836 - "yast sw_single" dies with DiskUsageCounter.cc errors There is a bug in yast2-ncurses disk space calculation which causes a floating point exception for partitions with zero size (e.g. nfs shares, mounted cluster volumes). This bugfix solves also this problem.
- 298731 - zypper do not support non interactive mode: The zypper command line tool now offers options for running fully in non-interactive mode.
- 301843 - building kiwi image with zypper as backand end with error: libzypp and zypper are able now to work in a chroot environment.
- 308235 - libzypp package requires gpg
- 238165 - Fix restoring of Sources if root prefix is used
- 325556 - Correctly handle file-descriptors, umask and call of setgid
- 248300 - Do not log YCP clients arguments in (yast2-core)
This update is provided as an RPM package that can easily be installed onto a running system by using this command:
rpm -Fhv libzypp.rpm libzypp-devel.rpm libzypp-zmd-backend.rpm rug.rpm yast2-core.rpm yast2-core-devel.rpm yast2-ncurses.rpm yast2-perl-bindings.rpm yast2-pkg-bindings.rpm yast2-qt.rpm zen-updater.rpm zmd.rpm zmd-devel.rpm zypper.rpm
After the update restart ZMD:
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.