Security update for Linux kernel (k_deflt)
(Last modified: 24SEP2003)
solutions Security update for Linux kernel (k_deflt) SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (5dc92e277566b947df7b7573583bc294)
This article applies to systems with the
k_defltkernel package installed, please use the appropriate kernel package if you are using a different kernel:
- "Security update for Linux kernel (k_timer)" (http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/81fdf09573cf5fe4ff1947019a3eaef4.html)
rpm -qf /boot/kernel/image
IBM code drop from 2003-09-04
ccwcache: Incorrect cache index determination.
siginfo_tstructure on user stack incorrect.
dasd: erroneous message about failing DASD format.
dasd_diag: buggy CMS label recognition in
- Crash when using CTC tty with gcov.
- Oops in IUCV code.
- On demand timer patch: missing local irq disable
- Reduce the value of QUEUE_NR_REQUESTS from 8192 to 128
- Set the device type of
- Add a missing check for
- fix overflow problem in NFSv3
- prevent possible DoS in netfilter code
- fix several race conditions in
This update includes the following IBM code drops:
- 2003-09-04 kernel 2.4.17 for the "August 2001 stream" (Patch 10)
rpm -Fvh k_deflt.rpm zipl
please do not forget to run
ziplafter installing the
k_defltfor the system to remain bootable.
Finally, reboot the system with
shutdown -r now
to load the new kernel (replace "
now" with the appropriate amount of time to allow local users to cleanly log out, for example "
+5" for five minutes.)
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.