Security update for MozillaFirefox
(Last modified: 18APR2006)
solutions Security update for MozillaFirefox SuSE Linux Maintenance Web (5bf7d4b67ee6a73aa73ac37c89c4495a)
Product(s): Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86
Novell Linux Desktop 9 for x86_64
Full details can be found on http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html
List of issues that were fixed:
- MFSA 2006-25 Privilege escalation through Print Preview (CVE-2006-1727)
- MFSA 2006-24 Privilege escalation using crypto.generateCRMFRequest (CVE-2006-1728)
- MFSA 2006-23 File stealing by changing input type (CVE-2006-1729)
- MFSA 2006-22 CSS Letter-Spacing Heap Overflow Vulnerability (CVE-2006-1730)
- MFSA 2006-19 Cross-site scripting using .valueOf.call() (CVE-2006-1731)
- MFSA 2006-18 Mozilla Firefox Tag Order Vulnerability (CVE-2006-0749)
- MFSA 2006-17 cross-site scripting through window.controllers (CVE-2006-1732)
- MFSA 2006-16 Accessing XBL compilation scope via valueOf.call() (CVE-2006-1733)
- MFSA 2006-14 Privilege escalation via XBL.method.eval (CVE-2006-1735)
- MFSA 2006-13 Downloading executables with "Save Image As..." (CVE-2006-1736)
- MFSA 2006-12 Secure-site spoof (requires security warning dialog) (CVE-2006-1740)
- MFSA 2006-11 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.8) (CVE-2006-1739,CVE-2006-1737,CVE-2006-1738,CVE-2006-1790)
We wish to thank the Mozilla Developers and the various bugreporters for reporting and fixing those issues.
rpm -Fvh MozillaFirefox.rpm MozillaFirefox-translations.rpm
Download Source Packages
Download the source code of the patches for maintained products.
The Origin of this information may be internal or external to Novell. Novell makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. Novell makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.
Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark information.